Thursday, January 10, 2008

Growing Geese on a Quilt With Three Little Girls in Bad Weather


We have had a slow week around here. The weather has been crappy which means the roads are bad. I am anxious to get out. Today, I woke up to a world of more snow and fog. I took to the road early on to find some photo opportunities. Thus, the wheel line.



We also had a run in with snow geese. They migrated to our back field. It was an incredible sight - must have been 5000 or so. I let Jason snap some pictures - but they do not capture the sight or the sound of these geese. They seemed to fly in swarms. Addison and I ran outside after Jason went to work and scared them, just to watch them all fly. Then we ran for cover. It was pretty neat. Our pest control man came to the door and said, "Looks like you are growing geese." So it did - they formed in perfect lines.




I also had the great opportunity to use my new sewing machine to finish my first quilt. I started a quilt with Mary over Thanksgiving and finally finished it. I made it for Payton. I love it - might want to keep it myself! I am anxious to start Addison's; which will be done in purples instead of pinks!




Addison was able to have a friend, Grace, over on Monday. They played dress-up and totally destroyed Addison's bedroom. I don't know how two little girls could have ever made that big of a mess. I just shooke my head and laughed. Then we all went about the business of cleaning things up. They sure looked cute in their dress-up clothes, however!


4 comments:

Catherine said...

Those are all great pictures! This is turning out to be quite fun and addicting. Don't you think?

Anne said...

Yes, but you I check yours everyday and usually there is nothing. I am trying to do it every few days so as not to be boring. Thanks for the complement on pics. love you

Anne said...

Have you told Molly yet?

Catherine said...

No, I haven't. She has told me to tell you hi by the way.