Thursday, March 6, 2008

Step Back in Time












Kathy Moore, Addison, Payton, and I took a walk out to Dakin Wildlife Refuge the other day. It was a beautiful day. The ducks, geese, swans, and birds were plentiful. While we were walking Addison saw some feathers. We picked them up and I explained to her how they used to write with feathers before we had pens and pencils. Instantly, Addison decided that she had to try it with her finger paint. So when we returned home she insisted that she write using her "quill" - it was a crack up. Out came the paint and the girls sat at the counter writing for quite a while. Addison decided that she would rather use a paintbrush. But she had fun trying the feather!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Those are great pictures. Looks like a lot of fun. Well, I hope I can make it down there with Stephanie soon! It would be great to see you. Love you.

Megan Zurcher said...

I love that you and Catherine have a blog. I never know what your family is up to.

Anne said...

I agree Megan. I have really enjoyed catching up with your family as well. Your blog is so much fun. I feel as if I am living right there in Utah!