Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I LOVE JET NOISE!

Today, while attending a school district meeting, the speaker asked us to write down a unknown fact on a piece of paper and share it with the class. I wrote down, "I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, JET NOISE." I realized how lucky I am to have jet noise in my life. I heard a lot of jet noise this summer.

  1. I live directly across the street from the Top Gun Naval Base in Fallon, NV. I hear jet noise six days a week. LOUD jet noise. It is a stop-talking-on-the-phone-because-I-can't-hear- you jet noise.

  2. I realize that you don't see the jet - I just wanted you to hear the jet. This video really doesn't do the sound justice.

  3. I am blessed to have a brother, Todd, who flies F-16's for the Air Force. This summer while I visiting my parents, it worked out that Todd was able to fly over Oakley. He told us ahead of time to wait at the end of the airport runway. He did a mock touchdown; which meant that he flew directly over the top of our heads. It was absolutely breathtaking! I will admit, that I began to cry like a baby. It is one thing to hear the jet noise everyday in Fallon, it is another to hear it, see it, feel it, and know the pilot is your older brother!

  4. Also, while in Oakley, the Twin Falls Airport had an Air Show. The Navy Blue Angels were the main attraction. We loaded up our chairs, treats, sunscreen, and children and headed over to the tarmac. Todd just happened to be down with his squadron so he was able to save us a shady spot under the wing of an F-16. It was a great show. The jet noise was awesome.

  5. Once again, before I left Oakley, Todd was able to fly his F-16 over the little town of Oakley. Yes, once again, there I was at the end of the runway, crying like a little baby. It will always be an unforgettable experience in my life!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now....that's cool!

Catherine said...

You already know where I stand on this! I love the noise too.

It was so awesome watching him fly over. You're starting to blog more than me!!

Anne said...

not really - i pressured by a certain person....she knows who she is...