Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tip-Toe Through the Rocks!

The girls and I went for a hike to Grimes Point/Hidden Cave Archaeological Site. It was a beautiful evening, NO WIND, we decided to take advantage of it and get out of dodge! It was a backyard adventure! We climbed, jumped, picked flowers, hiked off the trail, pretended we were leading the music at Primary,and pretty much broke every rule that is set up for a Nevada Recreational Park. But we had fun! We are looking forward to returning and making it to the top of the mountain. We only did a small little hike. We did see rabbits, lizards, and birds. I was busy looking and listening for any snakes. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of saying, "Look for snakes." Addison was a bit nervous the rest of the time. I hope I don't pass the "worry disease" on to her. I had to assure her that yes, there could be snakes, but we would see them before anything happened. Payton, on the other hand, was everywhere. She wanted to climb every rock - by herself. Every sign was the music stand - I only know this because as I was walking past her, I heard her singing a Primary song. I turned around to see if I was really hearing what I thought I was, and she was waving one of her hands in the air. So cute! I tried to capture but the little bugger wouldn't do it again. We went to Harmon Junction on the way home and got some ice cream cones. It was a great way to end the day. These are the moments that get me through the days when Addison and Payton are not with me. These moments are the tender mercies that my Heavenly Father so graciously blesses me with. Little moments that assure me that everything will be all right; that my Heavenly Father knows me, my worries, concerns, and fears. I am so thankful for evenings like this. Evenings that take the three of us on an adventure together.





5 comments:

Catherine said...

Those are such cute pictures Anne. I know I say that everytime. You are creative and good at it. Must be from the class that you took or it just comes natural. I'm glad that you get to enjoy the time with Addison and Payton. They are so cute! I can't believe how much Payton is growing up. I love you!

Heidi said...

Hey! What beautiful girls you are! And you, my friend, are a very fun mom! This is Heidi Higley...btw... Check us out at http://nevadabrown.blogspot.com I come to Fallon on the 2nd and 4th weekends. My mom is pretty sick right now. Let's get together!

Anonymous said...

You Rock! You have one heck of a way of expressing yourself. I absolutely love reading your blogs.
- ALL RIGHT is two words, but it's alright if you spell it incorrectly! Amron will be so proud of me!

GORGEOUS GIRLS! I can't WAIT to see them!!! (You, too!)

Anne said...

CTR - see what you think

jeanne said...

You are all so cute! I had the same comment as Cab that Payton looks so grown up in her jeans! Looks like you are having a good time, worry wart! You're like your mom. Did we visit Grimes point? Love the pictures and all of you!