Friday, May 2, 2008

Miles of Contentment.

The last two days have been really good days. I feel like I am starting to claw my way out of the pit that I put myself in. I miss my girls badly; this was their weekend with their dad. Despite that, I have had a good two days.

I feel as if my depression is gone, but there is still some sadness. I am hoping that this is the beginning of my journey to become reacquainted with who I really am and who I was before life was interrupted by divorce. I cannot change the past, but I am trying to change how I look at the past and how I feel about the past. I found a saying that I really like:

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. --Jan Glidewell

It has only been a little over a month since I moved to my own home. It has been a little over 3 months since Jason filed for divorce. I am beginning to feel content with his decision and often I find myself counting my many blessings that he did file. I know this sounds very heartless but there are many wonderful blessings that have come about because of his decision. I believe that there will be many more blessings in the future as well. With prayer, scripture study, and optimism, I will make it to the top of the pit. I will rise above this crisis a stronger person.

One person who is so funny, is one of the cutest young men that I know, and plays one heck of a golf game, is Miles Adams. He is the son of Mont and Elaine Adams. This family has done SOOOO much for me. I couldn't even begin to express my gratitude for them. But tonight as we were watching the Jazz game, I recognized how much Miles made me laugh. He is a crack up. Miles raps - he will take my comments about something and turn it into a rap. He is sarcastic. He cracks jokes in all the right places. Miles has many one-liners. And the girls?! They absolutely adore Miles. Miles is so patient with them. He plays and wrestles with them. He takes them on walks out to the chicken coops and pheasant pens. He lets the girls body slam him and punch him. They LOVE Miles. We are so thankful for Miles and his sense of humor.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Anne, it makes me so happy that you are doing so good. You are a great example to me.
I haven't seen Miles in a long time, so he's probably grown up a lot. How old is he now?
Are you going home with the girls for Memorial weekend?